CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Friday, April 2, 2010

Mega Man X2…a pain in the ass

Yeah, the title of this post is correct. MMX2 is a pain in the ass.  I’m not saying it’s a bad game.  It’s a great game, really, and of course, it’s a Mega Man X game. However, there are two stages that are really difficult: the Weather Control Stage and the Central Computer Stage.  In the latter, X can’t go too much further into the stage unless he has the weapon that might come from the Wire Sponge.  So the logical choice would be to go to the Weather Control Stage first.  That stage is a pain in the ass too.

     Actually, my sister was doing most of the playing.  Then she asked if I wanted to try the Weather Control Stage.  I gave not a moment’s hesitation and went on with it.  It is fun to play a Mega Man X game again (my sis sorta took over MMX2 from me, but I will be the one to finish MMX).  I got further because I found a certain way to play this stage.

     The weather changes in different intervals, from neutral to hot to rainy/windy.  Like in the classic Mega Man, rainy windy weather affects the speed Mega Man moves and the distance he can jump.  This is a pain when there are narrow moving platforms.  Luckily, when X jumps onto the side of a wall or the side of a platform, he can grab it and jump again until he gets where I want him to go.  That’s what I had to do with these pillar-shaped platforms as the rain and wind knocked X back.  More than half the time X won’t land right on top of the platform, so I have to make him jump multiple times on its side until he’s high enough to get on it.

     There are two platforms and then a stationary pillar, where he needs to do a dash in order to get to it, because it is always going to be raining and windy until after he makes it to that one.  After he successfully reaches that third moving platform, the rain and wind stops, which makes it easier to move on.

As I was playing that level, it took plenty of times to memorize the kinds of enemies and where they will appear so I can have X blast them before they attack him or see him.  The weather also affects which kind of weapons the flying enemies will drop at X.

Oh oh oh!!!  My sister found a Sub-Tank, where was it…in the Weather Control Stage; it's in the first rainy/windy area of the stage where X can go jump up and get a Mega-Head (and extra life item), so it is somewhere in that upper part of the area.

EDIT: I wish I can show what I am talking about, but for now I can only describe the stages.

No comments: