CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crisis Core: FFVII on April 11th


I haven’t played Crisis Core since March 5th, so it was about time to get back to it. In a nutshell, I moved a little further in the story but didn’t finish the game. I left off at Gongaga. Of course I know I am pretty close to the end.

-----SPOILERS, PROBABLY…-------

Zack reached the end of the Nibel Plains. I stopped at a save point and a night of a full moon. Cissnei found Zack and realized he was one of the lost samples. Zack got away, but after returning to Cloud, Cissnei found him again and learned that Cloud is the other sample. I can tell she has really mixed feelings about this. She calls Tseng and says “I lost the target.” I have to say that I liked the way that Zack had his sword ready in front of him and then he lowers it ever so slowly when Cissnei lies. It reflects his surprise in Cissnei’s mercy. I wouldn’t call it a change of heart on Cissnei’s end, though. She wants to do a good job as a Turk, but she used to be friends with Zack in the past.  This gives her a conflict of the heart.

Zack uses a motorbike from Shinra to travel the road. Cloud is in the side cart, like he has a choice in the matter. Awww. Anyway, the red guy…er, Genesis, just has to come back and recite more of that epic poem LOVELESS, and one of the two guys that hold Zack by the arms pull some of his hair out and eats it.

“He…he just ate my hair!”  Hmmm, I wonder what Zack's hair would taste like?  Hair gel...? 0.o
So then Zack has to fight that guy because the hair that he ate transformed him to some kind of mechanical monster. I think. Cissnei in the DMW helped out a lot, since each attack was a critical hit. The battle wasn’t even that hard, considering Zack’s level 42. That boss had 63,000+ hit points.

Zack still thinks about Angeal, that there is a possibility that he is still around. Some time ago before the Nibelheim mission, there was a monster with Angeal’s face that appeared in Aeris Aerith’s church, but he wasn’t a threat. Zack still has faith that Angeal is out there somewhere. “Angeal, where are you? What should I do? Tell me…”

They continue on the road and stop at Gongaga. Before going in I made sure Zack checked those treasure chests that were near the abandoned Mako Reactor. Those treasure chests were trapped behinds gates or barrels, but there was a lone guy standing near them that told Zack he can probably use his sword of his to cut those down. So that’s what Zack did (I mean...that's what I made Zack do, hee hee). Two of those chests, however, were shaking, and out came one Griffin each. One of those Griffins provided Zack with an Osmoga material, which I had Zack equip immediately ^,^. This is why I make it a habit to explore an area thoroughly before moving on.  I love the Osmose materia because rather than using ethers, I can steal MP from a monster or person so that I can keep using Thundaga, my most powerful materia right now.

I looked at the map and there was no save point too close to where Zack was located.  I realized I wasn’t ready to finish the game yet because there is more that will happen first.  Jeez, is it gonna be Zack's whole escape chapter I'll play through?  Huh...anyway there was a next zone symbol on the map, so I followed it after I finished exploring.  Then Zack got email form Kunsel.  He was warning Zack that infantrymen were sent to find him. “Make sure you make it back alive, buddy. Promise me.” Ohhh, Zack can make that promise but I know he won’t---can’t---keep it. It’s so cool that Kunsel still wants to maintain their friendship. Kunsel is on Zack’s side.

I found a save point in Gongaga Outskirts. I played a little after that, but I’ll tell more about that later, maybe on the next Crisis Core post. I decided to just save on another file and then play some side missions.  Blechh, I even played the side mission "Experiment 107", in which the opponent was Sephiroth.  Damn that Heartless Angel attack; I never planned to use up my Phoenix Down on one side mission!   Those life-savers are meant for the story-mode missions.  Stupid Sephiroth...

@,@

No comments: