CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I enjoyed playing Jak 3...finally got past that annoying mission

     On Thursday October 29th, 11:35pm, I returned to playing Jak 3 once again.  This time, I had some luck on my side.  My right thumb got a nice long vacation from the X button, and the first mission for the night, "Take Out Marauder Stronghold," was a little less frustrating since I knew what I had to do.  I had to be careful and not let Jak get his Dune Hopper buggy caught next to a rock or a difficult hill, otherwise it slows him down and the Marauders get away.  And then there are other Marauders in dune buggies trying to prevent Jak from chasing the ones in the actual mission, and I go "Aarrghhhhh!  F*** youuu!"
   Well, after much trial and error, I realized that the sooner I got rid of the sought-after Marauder, the easier it will be to catch the next one.  There were four of them, and of course the last one is always the hardest.  *^*
     Here is a list of the other missions I completed that night:
  • Defend HQ from Attack
  • Find Switch in Sewers
  • Find Cypher in Eco Grid (a mini game reminiscent of Pac-Man)
  • Destroy Metal-pedes in Nest (Jak is accompanied by Sid here)
  • Chase Down Metal-head Base  (with terret gun; Sid drives, Jak shoots, and, LOL, Sid tells Jak to "get in, sit down, and shut up."
     I left off at the point right before th emission of "Beat Pillar Ring Challenge," stopping right after returning to Haven City.  It is nice to have Jak on his feet again rather than having me push the X button non-stop to drive the Dune Buggies.  According to the Load File screen, I am 75% done with the game at 14 hours and 45 minutes.  That's pretty darn quick, compared to the near 40 hours it took me the first time I played Jak 3.
     I should return to Jak 2 also, if I don't get Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier by then.  Playing Jak 3 helps me deal with that wait... *,^

No comments: