CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Revisited Jak II on November 14th

Okay, I am still in my Jak and Daxter nostalgia attack.  I brought myself to return to another game that I lost the data to on my corrupted memory card:  the now-classic, PS2 Greatest Hit Jak II.
     Hey, you know what else are PS2 Greatest Hits?  Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy; Jak 3; Jak X; Final Fantasy XII (uh, yeah!).  Yeah, even Jak X is a Greatest Hit, baby (ya hear that, Jak X haters?)!
     I don't know when was the last time I played Jak II.  Years ago; maybe in 2004?  Wow.
     I've also had one of my current PS2 controllers since I started playing on the console in 2002, so it is probably...seven years old, at least?  Huh.  That kinda might explain why it went haywire on the third mission, the first mission that Torn gives Jak (something about stealing or taking down the Baron Praxis banner).  In the middle of the mission, the game paused on its own.  And then it unpaused.  The game resumed, but I couldn't have Jak move forward or left or right, any direction.  He was stuck.  WTF?!  Sure, he could move forward by punching, but I could not even turn him around!  Hey, what gives?!  The controller's left analog stick went crazy on me.  I went to the menu and then Sound Options, and it turned everything down to 0%:  the SFX, the speech volume, and the music volume.  Godd----t!!
      I thought I might even have to switch the controller in port 1 to port 2 so that the second controller will have to be used form now on...and that reminds me it is about time (and it might be a good idea now) to buy a new PS2 controller in case this seven-year-old one breaks down for good.  Sigh. >:(
     But I didn't want to do that just yet.  After taking the game out and turning the unit off, I tried pushing in the controller's plug in a little more into the port.  Wow, it actually went in a little more!  Could it be that the controller just needed to be pushed back in?  I mean, I might have been pulling at the controller's cord when I tensed up and didn't realize it (maybe when I'm close to losing in a versus battle during Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4).  I had a sigh of relief there.  After adjusting the plug to the controller port, I turned on the unit, put the game back in and everything worked just fine.  I was able to finish the mission.
     So then, Jak brought back the banner, and Torn accepts Jak and Daxter and says "Yeah. I guess you guys are in."  Then voila! he disappeared.  The night stars were disappering as well.  I noticed that so then I said, "What? Torn? Where is he?  It's the morning now!  Make me my breakfast!!"  Lol!
     I completed 11% of the game in that one session, compared to the maybe three or four missions I completed the first time I played this game (because back in 2003 playing a half-hour of Jak II was too much for me to take, I was just so excited).  The last mission Jak did for this session was the training course for the Scatter Gun, and next time he's gonna protect Sig while he does his Wastelander stuff.

Whew!  ^,^

No comments: