CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jak 3, November 27

From 8:50pm to 12:05am I played Jak 3.  It was a pretty long session playing the game, but two of the missions were absolutely difficult and I forgot how to complete them.  I do have the strategy guide for the game but I wanted to see what I can do by myself.  Besides, the strategy guide is best in this case for where to collect the Precursor Orbs and unlock my favorite Secrets.
     These are the missions I completed this time:
  • Destroy War Factory Defense (not too bad)
  • Explore War Factory (got lost and frustrated often)
  • Beat Cyber-Errol Boss (not as difficult as the first time...)
  • Rescue Seem at Temple (Yay, Light Jak!)
  • Defend Spargus from Attack (AAAARRGGHHH!!)
     Jak died again and again in the mission "Explore War Factory."  The first half of the mission, I had trouble with the red robots.  Then later, the vehicle that Jak uses in the factory kept falling into the gaps of the floor to his doom.  I wouldn't see these gaps until I realized Jak got trapped in them and couldn't move forward.  That's quite a long fall; I could see the trees and buildings of Haven City down there!
     Next was the Cyber-Errol boss.  Jak died many times here too, but it didn't take too long for me to figure out how to efficiently win the battle.  I ultimately used the Vulcan Fury to fight the red robots, and then when it came to the dark creatures, I decided to try the Peace Maker gun on those bastards, and it worked!  Saved my a$$.  I started to rememeber, Yeah, I did it that way the last time I played this.
     The mission "Defend Spargus from Attack" was by far the most difficult mission in this play session.  I had to use the R1 button to fire at the large Dark creatures that were attacking Spargus from the ocean, and then within the city itself.  It was basically a button-mashing mission.  My right index finger got tired, so then I had to switch to my right middle finger and just keep firing at those ugly things (those ugly things are called the "Dark Maker Walkers"--the strategy guide says so ;] ).  I had to fire at their head and all four or six of their legs...and then two more dark monsters come up, and they are constantly firing missles straight towards Jak's turret gun.  Shooting at those missles were top priority before even shooting at the creatures.  Otherwise the turret gun gets damaged from the missles.  By the time I completed this mission, my right index and middle fingers were tired from all that button-mashing with the R1.
     The first time I played that mission, I had to stop and save it for later.  It was so frustrating, and still was even for this last time.  I knew what to expect though, and I didn't let myself give up.
     Finally just after midnight I unlocked Scene Player Act 2 and then watched the scenes from that act as well as some of my very favorites from Act 1, overall for about 25 minutes.  Then it was 12:30am.  @.@  So then I played this game for roughly 3 hours and 20 minutes, plus the last 25 for the scene player.  Jeez...godd----t, it was those two frustrating missions that made me play this game for that long, and I really wanted to get them out of the way.  But as the file loading screen indicated, I am now 85% done with the game.
^,,,,,^ 

No comments: