CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Nostalgia for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

NOSTALGIA!!!!!
     I am still celebrating the release of the Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier video game for the Playstation 2.  I've decided to buy both the video game and the strategy guide, because the strategy guide has a lot of goodies in it (like character bios and the list of the game's secrets) besides tip for helping me play my best.
     But I couldn't help it.  It's been almost a decade since the first game Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was released--and it's been seven years ago (early summer 2002) since I first played that game.  I completed it in about three months (and then September 20, 2002 I bought Kingdom Hearts ^.^ ).  I'd like to play it again for a third run (yes, third), but I'm still finishing up Jak 3 for my second time playing it.  So I decided to see if the beginning of the first Jak and Daxter game was available on You Tube.  I found a bunch, but one in particular includes a couple of extra-nostalgic things:  the Playstation 2 logo, and the Naughty Dog logo (with Daxter dancing and Jak pushing the Naughty Dog logo into the screen.  Squeeeeeaallllll!!!!!)  Jak was a baby there!  Now he's a man with two girls chasing after him (Keira and Ashlin).  For those who want to see the video (in case you sold your old copy of Jak and Daxter, don't feel like digging your collection for it, or are just curious about it and wanna see it anyway :) ) then here's the link for this blast of nostalgia from this 2001 video game:

     Jak and Daxter: #01 Starting Movies 

Man, I love Jak's expression when he first sees that Daxter is turned into an ottsel.  His eyes were so wide, like "WTF did you just do to yourself?! (Oh wait...I did that ^.^ ;;)".   I still appreciate the music of this great game, especially from Sentinel Beach and, um... I really want to play that game again.  I'm starting to forget the names of the areas.  By the way, there are other videos that include some gameplay of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.  They should show up on Related Videos on the You Tube page of this video.
^,^



No comments: