CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Monday, October 26, 2009

On feeling nostalgic with Sonic Mega Collection Plus: Sonic 3-D Blast music

   After playing Sonic Chaos yesterday from 11:30pm to almost 1am, I had to indulge myself in Sonic music goodness that is the Sound Test for Sonic 3-D Blast.
     I got the idea when I was browsing through the video game manual section of the Sonic Mega Collection Plus, and I happened to look at the one for Sonic 3-D Blast and I had this sudden urge to listen to my favorite songs from that game, so I went to the Games menu and selected it right away.  I listened to and danced to these Sonic tunes:
  • level 2  Rusty Ruin Zone, act 1  (Makes me nod my head and dance.  Love the beat.)
  • level 4  Diamond Dust Zone  (This one brings me in a cheerful, upbeat mood.)
  • level 5  Volcanic Valley Zone, act 1  (I love the bass!)
  • level 6  Gene Gadget Zone  (I love the bass here too.)
  • Final Fight  (I love the percussion in this one!)
  • Robotnik fight music #2  (Like it better than the #1 Robotnik song here.)
  • level 1  Green Grove Zone  (A happy tune.)
     I had to sing along with the melody of the Green Grove Zone just to see how closely I remembered it after not hearing it for so long.  "It pays off to listen to the music over and over again while playing, GOL."     GOL= giggle out loud , by the way.
     I actually remember all the music to this game and can remember which level each song belongs too.  It's a nice experience to hear it again with my ears, rather than only my mental iPod (aka brain).  I ended up listening to the music from 1:10am to 1:45am.
      I love early Sonic music. :)

No comments: