CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gotta wake up? Play Bleach!

     Tuesday afternoon it was raining here in Southern California.  I felt like napping but I knew I shouldn't, or my body will think I need to stay awake during the night.  So.  I did what I do sometimes when I want to wake up and get my heart rate up: play Bleach: Shattered Blade for the Wii.  It's based on one of the japanese anime shows I watch with my sister.
     It's a fighting game, which means, if I really want to win the fight, I have to be alert.  I play this game standing up, so that I can feel like I'm in the battle.  I unlocked a bunch of characters already.  The one I most recently unlocked last time, and then played this time, was the character Kaname Tosen.  I thought I'd unlock another character by playing him in the Arcade Mode, where you choose a character and it semi-randomly puts your fighter through eight battles--matches, if you will--in a row.  After you finish those eight matches, you hear main character Ichigo Kurosaki say "Congrats!  Way to go!"  and you earn some currency to buy goodies for the game like character voice samples or images for its gallery.
     Well, the first time I played Kaname Tosen I wasn't familiar with his fighting style (in the game, anyway), and so I played him in a practice Versus Mode against the Soul-Reaper Renji Abarai.  That Renji is a fierce fighter, which is why I had Tosen go up against him in case other fighters are as tough.
Unfortunately for the Arcade Mode session, I forgot to write down the characters and the order in which they appeared, including the ones I lost to on the first two tries.  My bad, I should've.  The first two Arcade Mode games I lost on the fourth or fifth match and didn't retry. The third time was the charm, though I didn't unlock anyone.  Among these opponents were Gin Ichimaru, Sajin, Yorouichi, Chad, and Yumichika (who I won against with maybe 2 health points left).  Oh, and Shuhei.  I like him, he uses melee attacks as well as his Zanpakto.
     Speaking of Bleach the anime, I just watched episode 152 last night taped on VHS.  It's in the middle of the Arrancar season.  How many episodes does this show have anyway?  Now I know that Arturo Plateado, the Bleach: SB exclusive character, is one of those types of villains, an Arrancar.  But in the game it is unknown what kind of enemy he is.  Little did I know there would be more like him in the anime...

No comments: