CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Sonic Dream

Here I go again.
     This morning I dreamed I was playing an old Sonic game that I rented.  IN the dream, the media was a disc and it was old and worn, even almost falling apart.  But I put it in [a] Sega console, and it read fairly okay.  The level I was playing was mostly blues or teals, with a sea-green floor.  In this game however, Sonic couldn't do a, whats-it-called...he couldn't jump on his enemies to defeat them, the Badniks.  In fact, I had to avoid touching any Badnik or traps just to not have Sonic lose a life.  I remember thinking, "That's not how a Sonic game should go.  What else is he supposed to do but run to the right?"  I kept getting hit and losing rings, and I remember having Sonic grab some more rings in order to stay alive.
     Sonic seemed smaller.  Was he a kid?  I dunno.  How old is he now, like 17?  I recall in the old instruction manuals that he was 15 years old.  Maybe I'm confused because I 'm going by the timeline for the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books.  I can't argue with how his voice sounds in Sonic Unleashed because it seems to fit well with him.  I can't imagine/hear Sonic sounding any older, really.

I occasionally have dreams about NiGHTS or Kingdom Hearts-related stuff, so I may be updating on those too--if they are not too weird.  And don't forget Jak; when there's a new game coming up, that's what happens...

No comments: