CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Monday, October 19, 2009

Finally Returned to Sonic Unleashed

I forgot what I enjoyed about Sonic Unleashed until I returned to this game on Friday the 16th.  The time was from 10:30pm to 12:45am.
      I don't make a big deal out of failing in a light misson.  For example, if the ones where Sonic is supposed to do a task correctly (like avoid breaking items or collect 270 rings in 1 minute 30 secs) doesn't go so well (I fall in the water, in some cases), Sonic shouts "NNOOO!!" and then I am given a choice to Retry or Quit the mission.  But here is what I think is hilarious; the theme song of the game is playing, but it plays in a way that sounds like all the musicians in the orchestra are terrible at getting the right notes.  Kind of a la "Silent Night" in the middle of the comedy Bad Santa.  The first time I failed at a light mission and this happened, I could not stop myself from laughing because I can figure out when the notes are flat or sharp (in other words, the notes are totally wrong).  :p  It makes me feel better about screwing up in the game.  I wonder if the game developers at SEGA thought it would affect other gamers the same way so that we can keep on loving this game.
     I also love that Sonic wipes his nose if you get a "B" grade or higher in the daytime missions (he certainly wouldn't do such an adorable thing as the Were-hog).  So cute.  Gotta love that Sonic.

     Anyway, (light spoilers next?) I had Sonic leave off at the continent of Adabat, and it started out at the nighttime levels.  I hardly got through the first one; I lost all nine of my lives...eight of them just by falling into the water...and Sonic cannot swim.  Of course, I tried again, with two lives to spare.  The nighttime missions in Adabat are difficult; so each new continent has harder nighttime missions.  They test my patience. I am stuck now at the second nighttime mission because again I lost many lives just by falling in the water...or rather, jumping into the water when I meant to land on a moving platform.  So then I just tried to improve my score on some of the earlier daytime  "Reach for the Goal" missions in Chun-nan and Holoska to calm down.  I'll get back to the hard level when I can begin with it.
     I like how Were-Sonic can climb and grap onto some ledges.  My favorite thing about Were-Sonic is how he can run on all fours like a wolf.  It's pretty handy when he comes across a large gap he needs to jump over.

No comments: