CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mega Man X4, with X and Zero!!! August 14th

I beat three bosses in this session as X!  Read more for the details.   :)

I realized, well, the Cyberspace stage IS a difficult stage, but suppose the boss is not so hard? Just because the stage is hard doesn’t mean that the boss is impossible at this point.  So I went in.  I didn’t realize that X had to have a Rank A to make it to the next area of the stage. I  kept getting a B rank at the end of the third area of the stage and I was getting bored with it.  What do I need to do to get an A rank!  Keep a high-filled health gauge, get through the area quickly, or what?

I struggled to keep X’s health high. There weren’t many Mavericks for X to shoot at to get any energy pills. Plus these yellow lemon-shaped things were going to suck X’s life energy out if he got near them.  Shooting at them doesn’t destroy them, but it moves them out of the way, at least.  Then there are these triangle things that attack X because they think he is a computer virus.

I finally got through that part of the stage by some miracle, then this next area was confusing; buttons switched the top and bottom of the stage. It seemed confusing at first, but then I memorized the ones I pushed, and got out of there in almost no time.  I was so glad that I reached the second area of the stage because if I lost all my lives, I only have to start from the beginning of area 2 of the Cyberspace stage, and the same goes for all the other stages, for that matter.  The boss of Cyberspace was Cyber Peacock.  He’s a difficult son of a b****, but as I got used to his moves, it wasn’t so hard.  He can be taken out good by X’s X-Buster.  The part I found annoying is when he sticks to one side and shoots peacock feather lasers at X, and the damn things follow him!  Charge shots work best against Cyber Peacock.  After several tries, I beat him and X got the Aiming Laser for his buster weapon.  I love the colors X changes to when he has this weapon equipped: lavender and sky blue.   :3 

Next I visited the Air Force Base to see if the laser attack would work on Storm Eagle…er, Storm Owl. Yeah, Storm Owl. It turned out the Aiming Laser did work against him well! Getting Storm Owl into the aiming cursor was tricky, but I got the hang of it (it depended on which way Owl was and the direction X faced). From Storm Owl X got the Double Cyclone. Hooray!

Then finally I tried one more stage before I handed over the controller to Sis: the Volcano stage, where Magma Dragoon was waiting for X. I love the music for this stage because it’s reminiscent of music for Sonic…for some reason, in my ears. I got though the stage quick because I reached the boss before but didn’t defeat him. So I tried Storm Owl’s Double Cyclone, and well well, it was Magma Dragoon’s weakness! I was on a roll here! And from Magma Dragoon, X got Rising Fire. So at the end of my session X has three Heart Tanks and four weapons.

I think the Rising Fire ability would be great against Web Spider, but I will have to try it out next time. After I defeated Dragoon, I let my sister play as Zero again. She tried the Jungle, Snow Base, Military Train, and the Marine Base stages but couldn’t defeat any of the bosses. Zero’s close attacks have a downside and bring Zero closer to getting hurt by the boss. I thought Walrus should be the first boss to defeat, but for Zero it seems difficult because of his up-close-only attacks for now.

However, Sis had a fun time playing in the Marine Base stage, the one where X or Zero get on a Land Chaser and ride it the entire stage. She said this stage was addictive. Like I said, it is short but fast-paced. As often as she lost lives, she tried that stage again and again. She got past the first area and reached Jet Stingray, but didn’t defeat him. However, I applaud her because she got the Energy Tank. She thinks she will need it to survive a boss battle as Zero, perhaps the fight with Walrus.

No comments: