CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mega Man X 4, with X and Zero!!! August 9th

This post is delayed by a few days, so apologies.

In this session, I played as X for the first half, and then I let my sister take over for the second half to play as Zero. She’s been waiting for that for months!


From Mega Man X4 and on, there are
no more Mega-Heads.  There are only
Mega-Helmets.

So okay, I started this session with a stage that X hasn’t been to yet: the Military Base, with Jet Stingray as the Maverick Boss. This stage is short but fast-paced. I was writing down a note when X was already on the Land Chaser from the very first moment. “AAAARGH! Wait wait wait wait, slow down!” I realized that the whole stage was going to be like this. In fact, it was part of the specific mission for this stage that X will be using the Land Chaser. I often didn’t jump in time and X crashed into walls and platforms, and fell into gaps. From that I learned that I can slow down (get back) or speed up (go forward) so he can know when it’s a good time to jump a gap or jump a raised wall.

There’s an Energy Tank in the Marine Base stage. I’ll worry about that after I’ve defeated Jet Stingray, which won’t be for a while.

After the Marine Base, I had X go to the Bio Lab, and then the Military Train stages. I couldn’t defeat either of the bosses—well, I didn’t reach the boss in the Bio Lab. The stage is actually difficult, not impossible. It will take several tries to get through the stage.

I got the Air Dash ability from the Dr. Light capsule in the Jungle! It also has hover ability, so X can hover for a maximum of 4 seconds. It’s so cute watching hover and then shoots once or twice from his X-Buster. So adorable. (That’s my feminine side talking.)

I was frustrated that I didn’t beat any bosses that session. I wanted to take a break, so I handed the controller to my sister so she can play as Zero. She was more than happy to do that! As she played the game as Zero, we learned that she would be playing Zero in place of X. The story is slightly different, because Zero meets the female Reploid Iris but X doesn’t. The Repliforce was suspected of being responsible for the falling of Sky Lagoon. X and Zero each both tell Colonel that the Repliforce (the Reploid military) will be seen as Mavericks if they don’t follow the hunters to the headquarters.

Of course, Zero has a different feel to his controls. Instead of shooting from his buster from a distance, Zero uses his Z-Saber to get close to his enemies and slice them. I guess Zero likes this way of fighting; rather than using his Z-Buster to blast at Mavericks, he gets up close. He has an interesting collection of vocalizations with his jumps and attacks, including a “Yeah!” when he wall-kicks. Is it an effort to make Zero sound “cool” or something?

"Yeah, this is fun!"
"Yeah, I rock!"
"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah......!"   O__O

So after this session was finished, Sis and I decided that we will each have a turn playing Mega Man X4 each session: I will play as X and she will play as Zero on a separate file.

Post for the next session coming really soon.  Like, very soon.

No comments: