CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mega Man X4, a more successful playing session

What a relief, we thought we were going to be stuck in this game for a long month.

I let my sis play as Zero first for this session, since I knew I was very stuck as X.  Zero got the “Rakuhouha” after defeating Cyber Peacock.  A heh heh, let’s call this Rakuhouha the "peacock tail attack" once in a while.  In fact, it was just what Zero needed to defeat the Storm Owl in the Air Base stage.  The Rakuhouha was limited in its power and must be used carefully, but Sis/Zero tried it against the Storm Owl and it took him out within five or so hits!  After that battle, Zero got the “Tenkuuha”, which is a powered-up form of his Z-Saber.  Cool!

I decided to give the battle “X versus Colonel” another try, even if it wouldn't work out.  I failed the first few tries again.  Then I remembered that X had his hover ability with his leg armor, so what if he uses that to his advantage?  The attack that I hate the most from Colonel is the slash-n-dash-away move.  So right before Colonel does that (and I can sort of time when he might), I have X hover at the very edge of the screen.  I was more comfortable with X on the left side. X can hover for a full four seconds if he stays in place, so when X hovered as Colonel slashed, he was just out of reach.  This saved me a lot of trouble and kept X’s health gauge full longer.

After I tried this, I though, “Hey, maybe I’ll be able to win this after all, now that I know what to do.”   So I kept at it. X still got hurt from the beams that Colonel throws at him at least once every other time, but avoiding the slashes multiple times really gave X the advantage.  Colonel wasn’t going to do any other moves different from the ones I was used to.

The battle turned out to be not-so-difficult after all.   It’s just that since I had to have X keep firing full Charge Shots at Colonel, my thumb felt overused, and I didn’t play for even twenty minutes by then.

No comments: