CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Friday, December 4, 2009

Jak 3 again, on Dec. 2

     I didn't play too much further into Jak 3 this time.  I think I only completed three missions as opposed to five or six.  Unfortunately I didn't have the recorder with me again.  Half of the time though, I was making Jak collect more Precursor Orbs and Metal-head Skull Gems so I can get more Secrets!
  • Activate Astro-Viewer in Haven Forest  (AAAARRGHHH!)
  • Destroy Dark Ship Shield  (I feel so powerful...)
  • Blow Up Tower Door  (cruisin' and shootin')
     The first mission in this playing session was the hardest.  While Jak is trying to find the turret guns to take out the purple eye-like things on the mountains, these flying dark monsters are shooting at him, along with the Dark Maker creatures that shoot at Jak from a distance.  It took me a while to realize that I hardly used the Plasmite RPG weapon to take them out, especially the ones on the turret guns that he needed to use.  The Peace Maker works too, but the ammo is scarce and it rarely is replenished.  And being in the turret is still dangerous; if the damage meter is depleted, it explodes with Jak inside.  Argh.  After dying many many times, Jak got rid of all those bastards and activated the Astro-Viewer like he was supposed to.
     The second mission was the one when he was inside a Dark Maker robot suit.  It was much less frustrating than the Haven Forest mission.  The area that hurt me the most here is the tunnel Jak has to pass through without letting the blue electricity touch the metal suit.  I knew the pattern the lights moved, but I didn't notice where their placing was.  Of course after trial and error, I found out where to stand and wait until it was a good chance to get moving again.  Once I did that correctly, then I think I made it through the rest of the mission okay because the suit could endure some more damage.
     Lastly, the third mission involved protecting Torn and Sig from the Dark Maker creatures and the red robots that were shooting at their Hellcat Cruiser.  I failed a couple of times, but then I made it to a checkpoint, so finishing the rest of the mission was...well, almost a piece of cake.  Mmmm, cake....

     As you might notice, I included Jak in my list of Top 10 Favorite Video Game Characters.  I've been juggling three of the Jak and Daxter games so far, plus Jak and Daxter: TLF, so I love Jak even more now.  I thought, Duh, he should be on the list too!!

No comments: