CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Crisis Core: FFVII--Why am I not done?

There is a number-one reason why I believed I shouldn't miss out on playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.



     Cloud Strife is my #1 favorite video game character (Sonic the Hedgehog being my childhood fave).  I've read previews and reviews about Crisis Core from Playstation the Official Magazine and the now-defunct Electronic Gaming Monthly.  These previews and reviews made me want the game more each time.  I knew already that Cloud wouldn't be a playable character in this game, but because of what I saw and learned in the original Final Fantasy VII and the special anime Last Order: FFVII, I became more curious about Zack Fair too. 
     Zack is as much an important character as Cloud is.  The trinity of characters in Crisis Core--Angeal, Zack and Cloud--all come into contact with this Buster Sword.  In fact I find myself calling this weapon the "Honor Sword."
     As it indicates in my list of Video Games I Have Yet to Finish, Crisis Core is there.  I realize this game was released on March 25, 2008, but I didn't get my PSP until this past late April.  By then, Crisis Core was $19.99.
     So, why am I not done with Crisis Core: FFVII?  It is the same reason I am not done with the original Final Fantasy VII, and that is, I am almost done with it.  For FFVII, I already know, being a fan of Square-Enix too late, that Sephiroth is defeated (for the time being =P).  For Crisis Core, I already know Zack's fate.  And I know I am going to cry.  Before I load the game, the background image has text on it besides the title: "Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades." 
     (SPOILERS Problably...)  Some time ago I reached the part in the game when Zack had to confront Angeal and then fight him when he merged with a few nearby monsters.  Zack had no choice but to fight, and in a way, it was sort of a test of student versus mentor.  Zack won, of course because he's Zack.  Angeal was defeated, and the following scene was very emotional.  And it started to rain, reminiscent of tears.  I got emotional too.  The music makes me more prone to crying. =''(
     So Zack cried for his comrade.  And I already know what's going to happen to Zack.  I think Cloud will cry for Zack, his own mentor and comrade .  I believe that is what the quotation from the pre-load screen is referring too.  I want to know all the events that lead to the last moments.  Maybe I am savoring the time that I don't see the final scenes in detail.  I wonder what music/song is going to play during then.  The flashback was very short in the original game, but in Crisis Core, Zack and Cloud's relationship is shown in more detail (I mean the conversations they share, and what happens as they escape from Nibelheim).  The trinity of these three characters--Angeal, Zack and Cloud--it's fascinating!  I am enjoying the concept of the line between human being and monster (Angeal's one wing, calling himself a "perfect monster"...I should include Sephiroth's questioning his own existence as well, but I'll get to that later).

     *,*!!!  I'm going to play this game within the next two days.  Stay tuned for more Crisis Core rantings.

No comments: