CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why do people hate this game?! #1

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

     Okay, fellas.  I'm a Vincent Valentine fan.  He's my #2 video game character, man.  Yes, I'm not a big fan of third-person shooters, disregarding Jak II and Jak 3.  I sucked at playing some of the missions in Dirge of Cerberus and of course I am not as good at aiming as Vincent wants me to be, ha ha.  But I finished this game.  I finished it.  Wanna know why?  It's cuz I didn't care how frustrating the gameplay was.  As a Vincent Valentine fan, this game was a must-have for me: it's Final Fantasy VII part three, starring Vincent!  There is enough to appreciate about this game just because it's another Square-Enix / FFVII title:

1.  The music is beautiful, in my opinion.  Composer Masashi Hamauzu is another musical genius who is almost as wonderful as Nobuo Uematsu.  The Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra plays so well, expecially the violins.  Listen to the title screen/game start music.  The violin tugs at my soul.
2.   Gackt.  This video game is the reason I knew about J-rock star Gackt in the first place, with his two songs "Longing" and "Redemption."  These songs rock ass.  I'm glad I have the original soundtrack; I could not deny myself this pleasure.
3.   Vincent's past and origin.  Yes, I just had to know exactly what kind of demons Vincent was fighting inside him.  His past with Lucrecia Crescent, and Hojo, and the result of the experiments in which Vincent was a subject.
4.   The cutscenes.  To me, they are rewards--breaks, if you will-- for surviving through some of those frustrating missions.  When I reach a checkpoint, I could relax and watch Vincent blink, or pull out his gun.  Ah heh.
5.   Close-ups of Vincent.  Nuff said.

     I know that not everyone liked this game.  I wonder how many people have finished it too.  It may not have helped some to be a FFVII fan.  It helped me though.  It made me love Vincent even more.  I mean, he's so cool!  I'd tell you guys why Cloud Strife and Vincent Valentine are both my two favorite characters in the Final Fantasy series, but I would have to save that for another post.  Stay tuned.

No comments: