CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Saturday, February 27, 2010

VECTOR MAN on Feb. 25th

I returned to Vector Man from the SEGA Genesis Collection.  There were good results: I was able to get passed that train track level. I finally realized that Vector Man can still shoot while he is shaped like a train.  I was only jumping, avoiding the big robot’s hands.  But the controls screen reminded me that the square button and circle button both are the shooting actions.  So I tried it out, and it seemed like I was supposed to defeat that big metal thing within one minute by shooting at it.  Vector Man could shoot forward or to the left and the right in this train form (I love it when I figure things out on my own :] ).  I failed several times before I was able to defeat that, uh…boss?  So then the next level was called Tidal Surge (or Day 3) and that was sort of a fun level.  Vector Man got this ability that allowed him to swim, if only for a few moments.

     Oops, I forgot if I had a boss fight in that level. Damn, shoulda recorded some notes.  I remember the level names only because I reviewed my Saved Data Utility.

     The next level was an underwater one.  Vector Man had to keep jumping up to the top and shooting those brown things floating with a chain.  Those little white ball/circle objects, I try to collect as many of them as I can, because it gets me points.  Sometimes I’d miss a platform and then Vector Man would fall down, down, down and then I went Darn, he has to jump back up there again.  When I did get to the top, there was a power-up box that made Vector Man into a rocket that took him out of the water.  There ended up being two short boss fights.  As always, I wanted to keep some extra lives, so whenever I lost two lives, I reloaded the file.  The first boss was some sort of Pterodactyl, plane-like thing, and then the next one was some mechanical polar bear, which was more difficult to defeat.  Its attacks were not hard to avoid if I can see where the hell it’s shooting those little orange energy, uh, balls.

     The next level, the Arctic Surge, is fun, but it is easy to get lost. I like the graphics for this level too; lots of ice and water. That is the level I am stuck at now. It was this big mechanical guardian of a sort. It destroyed Vector Man over and over again, and the battery power was low on my PSP, so I had to give the game (and my right thumb) a rest. My thumb, there was so much button mashing in terms of Vector Man shooting (for the recent Mega Man X play, the button mashing came from making X jump all the time avoiding boss attacks =P ) .

No comments: