CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to SEGA Genesis Collection: Phantasy Star II and Vector Man

Ah, it actually feels good to take a break from Dissidia and Crisis Core, as cool and fun as those games are. I only had 37 % battery power left on the PSP, as my unit indicated. I'd want to play either of the two games of Square-Enix goodness if I had at least 50% battery power in there.  It was too soon to recharge, so I returned to the SEGA Genesis Collection to see what I can try out. I’ve wanted to start Phantasy Star II.  I started around 9:45pm. I learned that there is a narration in this story and that Rolf, the main character, is the narrator, a first person narration. Interesting. You know, I was given a chance to name my hero, and I wanted to name him Gilmur, just a made up stupid heroic-sounding name, but it turned out that only four letters would fit, and he ended up being named GILR. 0_____O Yikes, but I let it go because it would look funny during the conversations. Ha ha. Gilr. Funnnnny.

     Everyone’s name in that game is between three to five letters. It took me awhile, but I got Nei a steel bar as a weapon for 80 meseta, but I didn’t equip it (cuz I didn’t know how to until later), and then I did equip her with the steel bar and she proved herself useful in battle.  Oh, the battle.  The battles (random ones, mind you) are hideous and frustrating!!  I have no idea what is happening until Gilr loses HP.  Gosh, it is hard to make commands in this game.  Battles much easier in Final Fantasy VII.  I kinda half-panicked.  And then Gilr lost all his HP D:

"GILR is dead!"     What?  Dead?  Not KOed?  (Or pwned...? whatever that means...)

"Nei and friends run away…but they’re trapped!"

     There are places called Clone Labs in this game.  I wasn’t sure what they were for, but then I found out they brought back dead party members to life. Oooooh kay. I am too used to Final Fantasy, but little by little I figure out what to do.  It's not quite a Phoenix Down.  But it will have to do, for a price, of course.

Does the GILR clone retain any memories or anything?  Keep the same personality?  o.0 

Vector Man... I forgot how fun it is to play Vector Man.  Even though I was stuck for a while on the second level, I tried a different strategy because I know there is a way to get out of there.  Vector Man is a train in this level, and he has to avoid getting crushed by this big machine/robot that is climbing the tracks trying to destroy Vector Man.  I tried to jump and avoid the big machine/robot’s hands and move back and forth to slow down or go faster. The maneuvers are improving, and also I have to avoid those fire ball cannon thingies.
     I never passed that level, but I'll keep trying.  If I wasn't on a Sonic-Only diet during my SEGA Genesis days, I think I would have enjoyed playing Vector Man on a TV screen.  It looks great for an old game.  Ristar too.  Even Sparkster for the Genesis.  But apparently Sparkster wasn't good enough to be in the SEGA Genesis Collection.  Pooh.

No comments: