CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crazy about Mega Man X and Zero!!!

Crazy about Mega Man X!! And Zero!!!

I received my March 2010 issue of Nintendo Power, #252, and on page 11, there is news about a DS video game collection called Mega Man Zero Collection.

This is a picture of MMZero's Zero I scanned
from the March issue of Nintendo Power.  I thought it
was a cool pose Zero had.

     I have to say something:  my sister and I are loosely Mega Man fans. We knew of the games, and read about them in video game magazines in the early and mid-1990s, but we never played them. In fact, the Mega Man X series were on the Super NES and the first PlayStation, and then the last two, X7 and X8, were on the Playstation 2, and back then we didn’t have a PS2.  Furthermore, around the years 1995 and 1996 we knew of an animated Mega Man cartoon from ADV films, or DIC or something. "Super fighting robot...Mega Man!!"  If I remember correctly (or not), it used to air on Saturdays on channel 11 at 11 o’clock.  But we didn’t watch it.  Anime wasn’t new to us; we just weren’t used to it at the time. A video game character in an animated show?  Wow!

     So why am I talking about this? We've re-discovered Mega Man X because of the March issue of Nintendo Power, and Zero became a quick favorite.  On YouTube I looked at some tribute AMVs that used content from the MMX series and MMX Command Mission (they are here and here).  The animation looks cool, and I wouldn’t mind going back to side-scrolling again.  Just Friday night I decided to buy the Mega Man X Collection and maybe MMX Command Mission from GameStop.com.  The next morning I woke up, and decided to get both games.

     I ended up buying not only the MMX Collection (GameStop) and MMX Command Mission, but also MMX 8 (the last two from Amazon.com). I read the reviews for it in Amazon.com and I’m like, Hell yeah, I’ll get that too. MMX 7, I am not going to worry about. I KNOW that I don’t want to miss out on the MMX series, because if it weren’t for the other titles, like the Jak and Daxter series, Kingdom Hearts/II, Devil May Cry 3, Chaos Legion, Final Fantasy VII/X/XII, all these ….. It’s not like the Sonic Mega Collection Plus where I played five of the six SEGA Genesis games already.  I haven’t’ played any of the MMX games before.  They will all be new to me. And yay, unlockables!
     I just hope the disc works very well. MMX Command Mission and MMX 8 I ordered through Amazon.com because I could choose the condition I wanted: Like New or Very Good. And it should have an instruction manual. I don’t care if it’s not in its original box.  Maybe the disc may be used, but should still be playable.  These games are available only as used copies, and if they are new, the price is up the roof.

     So, you’ll occasionally be reading about my experience playing the Mega Man X games. I guess it was a good idea to wait till there was a collection available on the PS2 so I can save money. I never had a Super NES or a PSone, so this collection is awesome. I won’t get it until the first half of March, but that is okay. I have other games to keep me busy in the meantime.

Link (To where I learned about Zero)
Link  (Another Zero webpage.  I should find some with Mega Man X himself...)
 
Link (Okay, here's plenty of main blue-bot Mega Man X...)

No comments: