CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reminisce: Yoshi the game

This is a true story of mine, about how I got the video game, Yoshi.
     Of course, I was just a kid, maybe eight or nine years old. I had a doctor appointment that day. I knew I was going to be given a shot, a vaccine or something. My mom told me that after the doctor, she’ll take us to Toy’s R Us to buy Sonic 3. I was so excited, and knowing that got me through the doctor visit. So my sister and I did get that shot, needless to say.
     I was really looking forward to getting Sonic 3. Unfortunately, that store didn’t have a copy; it probably it ran out of copies. We were disappointed, but we weren’t going to leave empty handed. We still wanted a game. So the replacement ended up being Yoshi. (Eventually we were given Sonic 3 as a birthday gift around two years later or so).
     I haven’t played the game forever. But what I remember is, it has one-player and two-player modes. I remember the song for the two-player mode because of course it played over and over. It was a fun game, as addictive as Dr. Mario was. It was sort of the same idea. But, I remember we have to match the bottom of an egg to the top half of the egg. The more bottoms of eggs there are underneath the top half of the egg, the egg gets bigger and Yoshi hatches bigger, and you get more points.
     Gee, I’m trying to remember what were the obstacles that got between the egg halves? I’ll have to YouTube it or Google search later. I have no idea where my copy of the game is for that matter, and I doubt my Nintendo works anymore.

No comments: