CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Friday, September 3, 2010

Mega Man X4…making some more progress ^,^

In Mega Man X4, I had to let my sister take the controller as Zero again, because she was, as always, eager to play that dang Zero.
X is jealous.

She went to the Military Train stage to fill up Zero’s Sub-Tank. There are a lot of opportunities to get energy pills; from the bats carrying the bombs and the little Mets walking around. It took a bunch of lives and frustration, but Zero was able to beat Slash Beast and he learned the attack called “Shippuga.” It is an attack Zero can do during a dash.

Zero was also able to take on, and defeat, Web Spider. From him, Zero learned the attack called “Rajingeki.” This is good for distant enemies. I don’t think Sis used it yet. We are having trouble figuring out what buttons to push to make the new attacks. I thought maybe the directional buttons might have something to do with them. So she learned how to do the Shippuga, but it’s a bit confusing for the Rajingeki.

That’s interesting: Zero’s attacks are in Japanese, and then X’s attacks are in English here. Maybe since Zero’s attacks are with his Z-Saber (which is essentially a sword), his attacks have a Japanese style, so they are given Japanese names. X’s attacks have an element and a style.

As X I was able to move on as well. After some tries I finally got my very own Sub-Tank from the Military Train. Hur-ray!!! Now I might have a chance to survive at least one more other boss battle, yes? And survive, X did! I had X fight against Web Spider and from that, he got the attack Lightning Web. With this, X can reach harder -to -reach places. I knew exactly what to use this power on; there was a life-up item in the Snow Base stage that X was finally able to get because of this new attack/power. I didn’t know what the heck it did, though. Then after X lost all his lives to Slash Beast, then in the next batch of lives, X starts out with 4 extra lives (five, altogether) instead of two extra lives. Ooooohh, that’s what that big heart tank item was for. So it didn’t extend the height of the life energy gauge; but it gave X two more extra lives to start with on each batch of lives.

I almost didn’t make it, but I was able to defeat Slash Beast as well in the Military Train stage. X got the Twin Slasher. I didn’t try it yet because right after getting that attack, I saved my game and stopped playing. But I will try it next time I get to MMX 4. I have three bosses left; Jet Stingray, Split Mushroom, and, uh, yeah, actually, I only have two bosses to defeat now.

No comments: