CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Devil May Cry 4, September 3—and I’m stuck

It was nice to return to a non-Mega Man X game for once. Devil May Cry 4 is a breath of fresh air.

Last time I left off at the end of Mission 2, so this time I started Mission 3. Which I never finished, unfortunately, because of the wide-spread puzzle in the Castle Fortuna. Read on for the details.

I learned that if Nero has a full health gauge, the green orbs add up as extra red orbs, and that’s so cool! I can always use some extra red orbs. And I also look for anything breakable that could give Nero even more red orbs. The chairs and the benches are always a must. Okay, they are furniture, but does anyone even care about that furniture after Dante caused havoc in Fortuna? So that’s why Nero is allowed to destroy things so that he can get more red orbs and maybe buy some more, uh, Green Stars.

I love the way that the camera moves as Nero is walking down the bridge to the Castle Fortuna and the angle used to be above him, and then it slowly gets behind him, as if it was a cinematic scene. Neat. And things got very interesting when this female assassin character showed up. That was unexpected. Is she supposed to be an adversary, or should she be a friend or ally of Nero? Her name is Gloria. She doesn’t look like a “Gloria” to me; she should’ve been given a name like Natasha.

I don’t think she wears underwear under that outfit O__O.

It was nice of Gloria to help Nero out there, and I hope I’ll be seeing more of her later in the game. This makes up for my not getting Bayonetta yet. It was either going to be Bayonetta or DMC 4, but I chose DMC 4 since I was more familiar with the franchise (plus it cost less than Bayonetta at the time). I seriously though Kyrie and Lady were the only females in the game, but then here comes Gloria and WOW! BAM! She kicks ass.

Anyway, Nero goes into the castle and there is a big coffin with glowing blue lights. Nero can’t investigate it yet. He doesn’t have the power to open it up. So there are many doors he goes through and these lead to long halls, where of course he has to fight more demon puppets. Then I come across this script on the wall telling Nero to find the Gyro Statues in order to open this big door.  Another hour passes and I go everywhere, only to not know what to do with Nero.  How the hell does he get this Anima Mercury whatever to destroy the statues?!!!( or am I confusing this with another puzzle?)

Errrrgh, stuck stuck stuck! I finished Devil May Cry 3 without the need of a strategy guide book, so if I am playing in Human Mode in DMC4, I intend to finish it without a guide book as well!   @,@ 


No comments: