CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Start-Over of Mega Man X2, June 4th


I woke up unusually early that morning, on a not-so-crowded day. What can I do 10AM at home? I thought, I’ll start Mega Man X2 all over again and see how I can do better.

I played through 5 stages, and then only 2 of the X-Hunters were available. So that was 2hours down the drain right there. I really wanted to fight all three X-Hunters so X can gather all of Zero’s parts and bring him back. After a refreshment and a bathroom break, I tried again with more luck, stopping after the fourth stage (Flame Stag) before choosing which X-Hunter to fight (and which stage to tackle next). They were difficult opponents. Sometimes I was unprepared and didn’t have both Sub-Tanks filled. Serges, Violen and Agile mention something about “the unification” and “the construction.” I think I know what those three are talking about. I mean, I already know that Sigma will return, so maybe they are rebuilding him. His head might still be in one piece. Ha, Sigma, how do you feel in pieces, huh? It’s your idiot henchman Vile’s fault that Zero is physically messed up. Sigh, rambling….But eventually I beat all of the X-Hunters and got all of Zero’s three pieces.

Poor Zero. He’s in three pieces…


Speaking of three, I have three Armor pieces for X now: the Body Armor, Foot Armor, and the Head Armor. I still don’t quite know how to use the Head Armor’s search function. I just need the Arm Parts now. I may not be able to find them for a little while, until X is “leveled up” enough to find that last capsule. Hah, the Foot Armor is actually called the “Main Drive Unit”. I found that capsule in the Overdrive Ostrich stage, using the spiked wheel to break the barrier boxes. Man, I used the Wall-Kick Dash so much in MM X2. There are so many areas in this game that are more accessible using that move. My right index finger got tired from all that Wall-Kick Dashing in the Flame Stag stage. Yikes.

What’s cool about the Body Armor is that this time it can “absorb damage and transfer it into explosive weapon energy,” as Dr. Thomas Light tells X in the capsule. I love the animation when X tries it out. I tried it myself, and it worked okay against Serges but not the other two X-hunters. Perhaps it is best used if there are multiple mavericks to destroy at a time.

I’m excited about Mega Man X3 because Zero is a playable character in that game. It also means more MMX music to listen to. I have a feeling that I will be able to start it within the following month. Now that I’ve been replaying MMX 2, I have to talk it over with my sister who gets to begin MMX 3.

No comments: