CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Friday, May 6, 2011

MEGA MAN X8 + OMG AXL IS SO COOL!!!


Mega Man X is happy that Amethyst Anne
has returned to playing his video game series.


When it comes to playing Mega Man X8, Axl is my boo.

It was time I finally returned to playing a video game in the Mega Man X series. I think I need a break from Dissidia Final Fantasy, as fun as that game can be. My love for the Mega Man X series has weakened the longer I went without playing any of it.

The last time I tried Mega Man X8  (MMX 8 here for Amazon.com) was sometime last year in February. I was trying out the game to make sure it was a working copy, since it was used and in very good condition. It worked like a charm; however I started the game in NORMAL mode, so it wasn’t impossible, but it was frustrating. I never made it past the prologue stage, and I was still getting used to Axl’s controls.

Well, when I started this game again, I chose EASY mode. And I went to the Options Menu to change a couple of button controls for the controller configuration. I wanted to switch characters using the R2 button because I am used to switching weapons on other games with that button. I kept the “switch weapons” control to its original L1/R1 buttons. It made the tag-team game play so much easier. I usually, er, maybe never changed configuration for video game controllers, but I wanted to make things easier for myself if I wanted to have fun with this game. I am also pleased that the game play is side-scrolling style, yet the game play’s graphics are in 2.5D and the colors are very vivid and rich. I’d like to think that the voice acting is decent, especially with Lucas Gilbertson’s Zero being just right for him. Axl’s and X’s voices are agreeable to me as well.

Everyone starts out already having the DASH move! Yippeeeeee!

I was so excited to play as Axl, the third Reploid in the Mega Man X threesome…0.O I almost always choose Axl first when I go through the Character Select. I didn’t even get to play this character in MMX: Command Mission yet, so I was so happy I could play as Axl from the very beginning. Here are some reasons why I love playing as Axl in MMX 8 (and why he should have been popular):

• Auto-shooting (non-stop bullets)

• Auto-shooting in ANY direction

• Great chance of large-numbered combos during attacks

• Weapon and Special Weapons don’t use Weapon Energy

• Hovering

• Hovering + shooting

• Hovering  + moving

• He’s just so awesome.

The Options Screen has such beautiful, calming music, much like music that helps promote brain waves that can help a listener fall asleep. It is a good change from always having loud or fast music in the levels or the results screen. I don’t need to change anything else in the game, so I occasionally go to the Options Screen just to listen to that relaxing music :D  MMX 8 has a great music soundtrack. I fell in love with the music track used for the Bamboo Pandamonium stage.

Here are the stages in which I’ve beaten the bosses so far in my personal order:

• Bamboo Pandamoniom

• Optic Sunflower

• Graviy Antonion

• Dark Mantis

I still need to find X’s Neutral Armor and some items that I can’t seem to find now. I am getting the hang of playing as Zero since he wields the Z-Saber instead of shooting. I enjoy playing as all three characters, and as I’ve said, I love playing as Axl most of all because of his hover ability and endless weapon energy. Sometimes I have to decide that a stage can do without Axl, and X needs some more fighting to do together with his buddy-pal Zero. I have a suggestion though: use Axl and Zero in the Avalanche Yeti stage because they have the best shooting weapons for the stage. This stage is also a good way tol collect lots and lots of Metals. Those Metals are important for creating things call Power Chips that enhance X, Zero and Axl on their missions.

I am going to be having a lot of fun with this game :)  So I will write more about it in the near future as I play further into the game.
 
@.@
 

No comments: