CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Starting a Series of Posts about my History as a Sonic the Hedgehog Fangirl


I want to take this opportunity, this post, to announce that I will be starting a series of posts that will chronicle my history as a fan-girl of Sonic the Hedgehog.  It starts all the way in spring of 1991 and goes just about to the present, whenever that is going to be.  Most of the next couple of months it’s going to be this; I don’t know what else to be posting about in the meantime except for my progress in the games I do currently play.  There will be an occasional “regular” post.  But for now, the thing that dominates my mind the most for this blog is Sonic the Hedgehog—nearly a month after I watched a YouTube video of PewDiePie playing Sonic.exe that scared me breathless. (see separate page from the list on the top left:  My reaction to watching the PewDiePie video for Sonic.exe =O!!!! )

I am writing my history as a Sonic the Hedgehog fan-girl because I’ve wanted to do it for a while in Cyborg Haven. This desire is only pushed into urgency due to watching that horrid video.  I want to rekindle the nostalgia factor of all the old Sonic video games I’ve played and some I’ve known about.  It’s sort of a healing process now, psychologically.   It will be good for me.  I have a lot of memories playing the SEGA Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games.  The music, the laughing, the bosses I finally beat, the gameplay, the stages, so many things that made me love this little guy.  He was a big part of my gaming life.

 

There are going to be some 20-odd posts in this series.  I will include them all in the label for the series of posts, and for the series and the label “Reminisce”.   There will also be occasional “Bonus Chapter” posts, in which I may write about other video game-related topics in the SEGA universe, such as Galaxy Force II, and the first time I saw Espio the Chameleon, and yes I have to write about starting to be a NiGHTS fan too because I would say that was love at first sight as well.  All that purple.  I couldn’t miss it.  Hah, both Espio and NiGHTS are purple, is that why I liked (still like) them so much?
So, brace yourself?  Because there is going to be a whole lot of Sonic-related posts coming up very soon.

No comments: