CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Thursday, September 26, 2013

On a Mission to Find Remixes from Sonic the Hedgehog games


It started on June 6th this year.  One late night I was listening to one of the podcasts—the Sonic Jukebox from the SEGA Jukebox, episode 8—and I heard this really neat track called “Symphonic Ruin,” which was a remake of the music from Sonic 3D (SEGA Saturn) “Rusty Ruin Act 1”  and I fell in love with it immediately.  The artist goes by the name Jivemaster.  I was entranced by how it began with the sound of a thunderstorm and rain.  I rewound the podcast to listen to it again (because I was using my 4th Generation iPod).

I love the beat, the bass, the melody, just the very sound of it.  It took me to another world.  I could hear it like it was playing on 94.7 the Wave.  I was like, there was a Sonic 3D?   Is that different from Sonic 3D Blast?  The music is different from the SEGA Genesis version and the SEGA Saturn version, I realized.  Man, what a treat it was for my ears to hear this remix.

So I was especially excited when I learned I can listen to a radio station devoted to just music from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games.   Sonic Radio is the one I use the most now; I tried RadioSEGA too (which I got just in time for the Sonic Fan Music Festival on June 23rd ), but I’ve never played Shenmue or Panzer Dragoon Orta.  There was something from the Legend of Mana that was nice, though.  Eventually I heard the original version of the Sonic 3D track of Rusty Ruin Act 1 (I think the artist was Richard Jacques) and I overjoyed.  Where can I find that, where can I find that?  I found it in another Sonic-music-themed podcast.  Joyyyy!

I tried to find some more podcasts on iTunes that had Sonic remixes so I won’t have to rely on the live radio any time I felt like listening to Sonic music while not on the Internet. 

So I went to the website OverClocked Remix, http://ocremix.org/ There are remixes of video games that can be downloaded for free.   Here are several of my favorite Sonic music remix tracks:

“Symphonic Ruin”…………………Jivemaster

“Sonicquarium” ……………………..The Cynic Project

“Icecapped”……………………….McVaffe

“Hogtied”……………………………..Brandon Strader, Rexy

“Absolution Comes in Dreams” ……………………… Cyril the Wolf, M-One

“Sonik Eletronik”………………… PrototypeRaptor

“Chemixtrixx” …………………..…PrototypeRaptor

“This World of Absolution”………….………….TrickyWolfy (track found at www.newgrounds.com. She also has a YouTube channel!)

“Walk on Water”……………………..housethegrate

“Blissful Eruption”…………….………LeeBro  (aka Lee Brotherton aka Bentley Jones!!) :3     

 
I realize that not all of the music that I hear in Sonic Radio is either in an OST in iTunes or even in OverClocked Remix.  I was disappointed, but I understand that the artists are all over the place on the Internet.  There are other websites where video game music aficionados share their arrangements and remixes of many video games. I shall find some more.  www.newgrounds.com is one possibility; it is where I found TrickyWolfy’s “Hedgehog’s Lullaby” and “This World of Absolution.” What I really also wanted to do was go to The Sonic Stadium and find some more music from my favorite remix artists.   Unfortunately I can’t listen to them on the TSS Music Album website and I will have to download the whole album (if I can)  and I’m not sure I want to do that.   I am having a hard time trying to find the artist Gario.  I haven’t been disappointed with anything I heard from him so far.  But I don’t know where his remixes can be found.

No comments: