CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Should I Play Final Fantasy XIII? Also: Versus XIII Game Play

I recently found out from the Final Fantasy Union website that there is going to be a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, and it’s apparently named for now Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I have a demo of FF XIII that comes with the Blu-Ray for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. I’ve never tried the demo yet. But I want to, because I don’t want to at least miss out on that. I haven’t finished FF XII, but it is a very different story so I am not going to worry about that (I should still return to it though. I mean, I bought it, I have to finish it at some point :D ).

Now that I know that there is going to be a sequel to this latest FF, I am curious as to how it turned out in the end that made it seem like it should have a second part.

I also decided to check out another one of my favorite websites, http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/ and I found that there is some new game play footage released. This is the new trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII for 2011. To be honest, I am relieved that the subtitles for the dialogue are still in Japanese kanji; I don’t want the dialogue/plot stuff to be revealed right away anyway. I got a big kick out of the game play content that the trailer included. It looks so fun to play—probably because the workings for it are very similar to the game play action from the main Kingdom Hearts titles. There is some real-time stuff that happens during the game-play (like explosions) and Noctis reacts to them simultaneously. So cool!! This video game is THE REASON I wanted to have a Playstation 3.

Here is a direct link to where I found the 2011 trailer for FF Versus XIII:
http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-HD-Trailer--643

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I own the game and I'll admit it's fun. The battle system is different but likable after you get used to it. I would reccomend it just to play XIII-2. This game is less "dark" than Versus XIII obviously. But that's no reason not to play it. I say rent the game first, then buy if you like it.