CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mega Man X5 on September 30th

So here we are, at another Mega Man X game in the collection, Mega Man X5.  I thought I'd use the audio recorder as I played the game because since it is sort of "new," I wanted to take note of the things that were different in this sequel, without having to write it all down on paper.

I decided to play as X again, because since Zero mode is fun but frustrating, I shall stick to the tried and true that is X mode.  Besides, X keeps his Fourth Armor (only if I chose X’s story) and I can still have him hover and shoot his plasma Charge Shot.  But now he needs new weapons.   :O

Here is a short summary of what the story in MMX 5 is about so far: After the Sigma Virus is released, this space colony is on its way towards Earth and is going to collide. The old weapon Enigma is the only thing that can destroy the falling Space Colony, but it needs some upgrades. You start out with sixteen hours until collision, and I found out the hard way, whether you complete the mission or fail it, it is minus one hour each time. At least, if you lose all your lives, you can continue from the last quarter of the stage that X lost a life. That’s pretty darn helpful, because it seems that each game in the Mega Man X series gets more difficult, and so far, X5 is pretty wild.

The first stage I tried was Squid Adler, but it was another Land Chaser stage, so I immediately sucked at it. This was the stage to which I unwittingly lost an hour of the collision time, so I was left with 15 hours. I was successful for the next two stages that I tried out. I have to say, I love the boss fight music from Mega Man X5. I heard it first when fighing against Axel the Red. It is the coolest-sounding boss battle song in, I think, the whole MMX series. My next favorite boss battle song is the one when X is fighting against Dr. Doppler in MMX 3.

Axel the Red (I called him the Flower Rose Robot cuz he’s pretty)

14 hours til Collision. Clear time: 14min 23 secs

Total Mavericks defeated:137 Total damage received: 365 Total Rank: B

Alia: “You got DNA from the boss you have just defeated.” And that attack is…. Alia: “From this DNA the special weapon has become yours.”

What is it?!!! (Sis laughs).

Alia: “Equip the weapons using the L1 and R1 buttons.”

I know that! What is the weapon?!

Alia: “Every enemy has a weak point.” Thank you, but I know that!

Alia: “Find the most effective weapon for each enemy…”

Weapon: You got the Spike Ball and Twin Dream.
Orbiter Engine, for the Enigma weapon.

The next stage I tried was for Duff McWhalen in the mission, “Obliterate the Battle Ship”. This stage was actually both challenging and fun, and the music is a remake of the water level in MMX 2.  That brings back some fond memories of playing MMX 2 this past March and April.

13 hours til collision.                          Clear time: 34min 10secs
Total Mavericks defeated: 292          Total damage received: 704        Total Rank B.

Weapon: G-Shaver F-Splasher.  Energy (Uh...energy what?)
Hydrogen, needed for the weapon Enigma.

Next, X fights Dynamo. An interesting, curious character…He’s bored and he wants to play… O__O

12 hours til collision.   Clear time: 3 min 39 secs     Total Mavericks defeated : 1 (duh!)
Damage received: 93 Total rank: B
NO DNA/WEAPONS RECEIVED
Complete energy up.   "Alright!!!!!! I will save, and stop. Rest my fingers, hee hee." 

@.@   

No comments: