CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Gaming Historian: The History of Sonic the Hedgehog

The other day I was trying out how my link worked for a 1992 TV ad of the handheld LCD Sonic game, (I posted about it here), and after watching the video, YouTube recommended several more videos, and I decided to check one out.  The Gaming Historian did a four-part series on Sonic the Hedgehog—from his SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive days to his SEGA Dreamcast days and a bit beyond.  In my opinion, this is an entertaining and well-organized presentation on Sonic’s history, mentioning the names in SEGA and Sonic Team who brought Sonic into the video game world and into many gamers’ hearts (like mine!).  I liked how he talks about how Tails was created and the introduction to Knuckles the Echidna.  There were even a couple of Sonic video games I’ve never heard of until watching the second half of the series.
 
Here is Part 1, about 10 minutes long.   If interested, you can watch the other three parts of the series too (they are between seven to nine minutes each).  Also, check out more of the videos from The Gaming Historian YouTube channel. He may have some nice history lessons on your favorite childhood video games!
 

No comments: