CYBORG HAVEN 2.0

CYBORG HAVEN 2.0
5 YEARS ON THE INTERNET

Sunday, August 7, 2011

NiGHTS IS GIVEN STAR POWER IN NINTENDO POWER!!!

I screamed at the top of my lungs the first time I saw NiGHTS in the Star Power section of the gaming magazine Nintendo Power.  Boy did I scare my family (after I finished screaming I immediately explained that I was not in pain and that I was just really happy and excited about the special attention NiGHTS received in this issue of the magazine.).  The section is on pages 16 and 17.

It is finally the time that NiGHTS gets some recognition, especially since Sonic the Hedgehog has his 20th anniversary this summer, and NiGHTS has his 15th anniversary on the same season.  Just days apart from each other!  Unfortunately NiGHTS is not on the cover of the magazine.  According to NiD.com and The Sonic Stadium, NiGHTS was on the cover of Nintendo Power close to the days that the video game NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams would be released that November 2007.

I don't know if I am going to continue to subscribe to Nintendo Power after my subscription expires this December, so I am so happy that at least Mega Man and NiGHTS were given Star Power pages this year.  Without it I wouldn't have known that Mega Man could have been called "Rainbow Battle Kid" (because he changes colors depending on the type of weapon he's using).

I love the timeline that shows NiGHTS's appearances along the past 15 years.  I guess it is a month late in doing this for him, but at least it is soon (within the month of July 5th).  The facts (and ideas) about him are on the right page and they are quite fascinating, namely about his hands, feet, and "peculiar purple headgear".

I've been aware for a long time that NiGHTS is genderless, but I find myself calling NiGHTS "he" and "him," as the magazine has.  If he is also called "she" and "her," I have no problem with that because in my opinion, NiGHTS is whatever anyone wants him to be.  It really helps that I am attracted to colors related to purple or lavender.  : 3 

You can take a peek at the August 2011 issue of Nintendo Power on its website (the link is below). Or, if you are also a fan,  pick up a copy from the newsstands if you want to check out what NP has to say about our favorite purple flying hero NiGHTS.  Hopefully this issue of NP will introduce potential new fans to this character and his popularity can climb higher.

http://www.nintendopower.com/

^____________^

No comments: